Proceedings From The Fifth European Conference On Computational Mechanics
IACM, the organizers of the World Congress on Computational Mechanics (WCCM) and ECCOMAS, the European region-focused counterpart on computational mechanics jointly hosted The 11th World Congress on Computational Mechanics (WCCM) and the 5th European Conference on Computational Mechanics (ECCM V) and the 6th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics (ECFD VI) in Barcelona, Spain.
This makes the fifth European Conference on Computational Mechanics (ECCM) one of the jointly hosted events of 2014.
The fifth conference on Computational Mechanics provided the platform for interests in ECCM and ECFD to interact and share discoveries among themselves.
As an integral part of the event, the 5th ECCM proceedings had a lot to offer participants ranging from symposia, lectures, technical sessions, exhibitions, and discussions.
The proceedings of the Congress focused on the programs of ECCM are as follows:
TOMO II-IV – Minisymposia in the frame of ECCM V
This symposia session comprises some topics and papers related to ECCM. The sessions are handled by individuals and groups on the selected paper topics in scheduled periods. The topics covered under this symposia have a wide scope of both theoretical and practical applications on the principles of computational methods. You can check the numerous lists of topics for the papers in the program of the event.
Minisymposia Topics in TOMO IV
- Modeling and Experimental Characterization of Microstructures and Material instabilities
- Modeling of fiber-based structures – textiles Reinforced composites
- Modeling of Plasticity and damage under Cyclic Loading
- Multi-scale and Multiphysics computations in fluids and Solids
- Multibody System Dynamics and Modal Reduction
- Multidisciplinary Design Optimization in Computational Mechanics
- Multiscale Analysis and design under Uncertainty
The topics covered under this symposia have a wide scope of both theoretical and practical applications on the principles of computational methods.
TOMO VI – Contributed Papers in the frame of ECCM V
Contributed papers on ECCM are major papers covering some specific areas of computational mechanics. From ECCM, the following were presented.
- Advanced Numerical Methods
- Composite Materials and Structures
- Impact Mechanics and Blast Loads
- Industrial Applications of Computational Solid Mechanics and Related Techniques
Special Technical Sessions
The special technical session of ECCM are selected technical topics to be treated by the experts in the field. It is the application of the theoretical knowledge in computational mechanics to manufacturing, production, and other technical applications.
Topics delivered are:
- High-Order Methods for Aerospace Applications
- Multiphysics Challenges in Aeronautics Design
The fifth ECCM held jointly with WCCM and ECFD lives to be among the well-attended conferences in recent times in Europe. Though combined with other activities from related bodies, the ECCM hosted in Spanish city of Barcelona has helped in no small measure to the advancement of computational mechanics and its applications to modern technology.
Conference proceedings are very important information about a conference. Find other conference proceedings of other related events on this website.
The fifth ECCM held jointly with WCCM and ECFD lives to be among the well-attended conferences in recent times in Europe